By Mia Marlowe
"Sebastian Blake, His Grace the Duke of Winterhaven, has a fixed rule in terms of mistresses. He by no means retains one longer than a flip of the season. yet he’s by no means met a girl as tempting as Arabella St. George…
A fiery operatic diva, Arabella is blackmailed into aiding the French. whilst she offers the envelope meant for a French murderer to the Duke of Winterhaven by means of mistake, she'll do whatever to retrieve it. no matter if she has to seduce him to do it...
Read or Download A Duke for All Seasons PDF
Similar historical romance books
From the Diary of Leonie Noirot: the best corset may still invite its undoing . . .
Lethally fascinating Simon Fairfax, Marquess of Lisburne, has reluctantly lower back to London for one cause in basic terms: a relatives legal responsibility. nonetheless, he may perhaps find time for the seduction of a undeniable redheaded dressmaker--but Leonie Noirot hasn't time for <em>him</em>. She's captivated with reworking his cousin, the dowdy woman Gladys, right into a swan.
Leonie's abilities can coax curves--and profits--from skinny air, yet his criminally good-looking lordship is just too busy attempting to seduce her to understand her genius. He badly must research a lesson, and the bet she provokes should educate him, as soon as and for all.
A nice plan, in theory--but Lisburne's turn into a major distraction and Leonie's ordinary common sense is at risk of slipping away as simply as a silk chemise. may the Season's maximum transformation be her personal?
In long island Times–bestselling writer Jennifer Wilde’s spellbinding Gothic romance, a girl inherits a home in Cornwall and is stuck among males, one in all whom can be attempting to kill her
Orphaned by way of the surprising deaths of her mom and dad, Angela Todd is simply making ends meet as a seamstress in late-nineteenth-century London—until a mysterious legacy makes her the mistress of an enthralling seashore cottage. Angela is enchanted via Dower condo, yet quickly after her arrival, her new house is stricken by a band of thieves. the single humans she will be able to flip to for aid are males she slightly knows.
Roderick Mellory, the smug, raven-haired proprietor of significant Phoenix corridor, on whose property Dower residence was once outfitted, makes it transparent he intends to reclaim the cottage. nearly opposed to her will, Angela is irresistibly interested in Roderick. yet gallant Greg Ingram is vying for her love. Can she belief both of them? And who will defend her from a killer’s vendetta?
"This is an unique, never-before-published Regency brief tale of roughly 12,000 phrases. fanatics of the normal Regency romances of Georgette Heyer, Barbara Metzger, and Carla Kelly will get pleasure from this tale of a highborn bride approximately to embark on a big prepared marriage. ahead of sacrificing herself at the altar of accountability, woman Ann comes to a decision to adventure one final day of unchaperoned enjoyable.
"Voted top total Romance of 2012 via readers in any respect approximately Romance. (And Adam Sylvaine was once voted the easiest total hero).
""Julie Anne lengthy reinvents the historic romance for contemporary readers, offering severe, passionate characters and excessive experience. Her writing glows. ""
""You will LOVE the Pennyroyal eco-friendly sequence. ""
A infamous woman learns simply how depraved a very good guy should be within the newest installment of RITA Award nominee Julie Anne Long's emotionally charged Pennyroyal eco-friendly sequence. A infamous Countess Confesses is admittedly unputdownable old romance for lovers of Karen Hawkins and Sabrina Jeffries; one other gem within the bestselling sequence set in Regency England and founded on a long-standing feud among contributors of 2 filthy rich Sussex households, the Eversea and Redmond clans. The breathtaking romantic adventures of a former courtesan-turned-noblewoman, A infamous Countess Confesses** stokes the Pennyroyal fires warmer than ever sooner than, delivering readers with all of the ardour, scandal, and real love they can very likely desire for.
- A Proper Companion (Regency Rakes, Book 1)
- Midnight Marriage: A Georgian Historical Romance (Roxton Family, Book 2)
- A Season Beyond a Kiss (Birmingham, Book 2)
- Reckless Heart (Reckless, Book 1)
- Twice Tempted by a Rogue (The Stud Club, Book 2)
Extra info for A Duke for All Seasons
This excellent illuminator, whose work has not hitherto been recognized, worked on a Cité de Dieu in the exhibition, no. 163, Fr. 25 (Plate 12), the Commentary on the Psalms, Fr. 964, a Roman de la Rose in Stuttgart, Cod. poet. 6, and several other manuscripts’ (Meiss 1956: 187-196, esp. pp. 195-96, and Plates 11. and 12). The ‘several other manuscripts’ referred to include ‘a Chronique de Froissart (Morgan 804); [and] a Livre des Merveilles (Morgan 723)’. In his French Painting in the time of Jean de Berry.
15. In other contexts, arms displayed reversed can connote defeat in battle; see discussion below of heraldic ornament in the New York manuscript. 16. uk for details of the AHRC-funded project at Edinburgh led by Professor James Laidlaw. 17. During the Reading Medieval Chronicle Conference, Kelly DeVries suggested that this may be one of the earliest attested representations of the use of such firearms for defensive purposes in a French vernacular manuscript. Besançon MS 864 shows the ‘same’ defenders using bow and arrow.
20. For these topoi see Damian-Grint (1999a): purpose of history (94-98), praise of material (1035), and industria (123-31). 21. See Hunt (1979: 31); though Hunt also points out that ‘the metaphor is much commoner … in general contexts without reference to literary exegesis’ (see also 1979: 27, 29-31). 22. Benoît is playing on the two words deslei, one meaning ‘rejoice’ and the other ‘disloyal’. 23.