By Bala Shanmugam
This straightforward yet finished creation to Islamic finance is reader pleasant and broad in scope. It covers the fundamental ideas, markets, items, and problems with Islamic finance and exhibits the various nature of Shari'a criteria in numerous nations.
Read Online or Download A Primer on Islamic Finance PDF
Similar economy books
While you are one of the nearly 22 million americans who are suffering from bronchial asthma, or have a pal or relative who does, this publication deals the entire details you must higher comprehend and deal with the . thoroughly revised and up-to-date, a hundred Questions & solutions approximately bronchial asthma, moment variation comprises information regarding the newest clinical methods to bronchial asthma care and learn, explains the most recent directions and remedy suggestions of the nationwide bronchial asthma schooling and Prevention software, offers finished information regarding medications used to regard bronchial asthma, and makes a speciality of fit residing with bronchial asthma.
The e-businesses of at the present time are adopting pervasive computing with fervor yet while changing into more and more conscious of the numerous dangers considering it. possibility evaluate and administration in Pervasive Computing: Operational, felony, moral, and monetary views examines the consequences of pervasive computing from various an important views in order that present and destiny e-business managers could make dependable judgements approximately the place, whilst, and the way to take advantage of this know-how.
Why has the combination of ladies into Congress been so sluggish? Is there a "political glass ceiling" for ladies? even supposing ladies use a similar strategic calculations as males to come to a decision while to run, the choice concerning the place to run is anything else. whereas redistricting has more and more safe incumbents, it additionally has the accidental outcome of shaping the possibilities for woman applicants.
- Introduction to sets and mappings in modern economics.
- Assessment and Examination in the Secondary School: A Practical Guide for Teachers and Trainers
- Community College Faculty: At Work in the New Economy
- The State as Utopia: Continental Approaches
- Economic Freedom of North America 2008
Extra resources for A Primer on Islamic Finance
Structure of Ijarah Sukuk 6. Service Agency Agreement Seller/ Lessee 1. Sale of Beneficial Ownership 3. Lease (Issuer/ Lessor) SPV 2. Issuance of Sukuk 5. Periodic Income Distribution Sukuk Holders Junior Sukuk Holder (seller) License Agreement Senior Sukuk Holder (investors) 4. Rental Payment Off-Takers 48 ©2009 The Research Foundation of CFA Institute The Islamic Capital Market 2. To finance the purchase, the issuer raises sukuk of an equivalent amount through a combination of senior and junior sukuk.
7. The owner of the asset, or lessor (the bank), bears all the risks associated with ownership, such as asset maintenance, while the user of the asset (lessee) pays a fixed price (rent) for enjoying the benefits of the asset. Many scholars are critical of a practice whereby the Islamic bank makes the lessee the actual payer of the takaful (Islamic insurance) contribution or premium by passing on the premium costs as part of the lease installments to be paid by the lessee (Ayub 2007). The problem is that some of the risks of ownership may be assumed by the bank but the cost of the transfer of these risks is actually borne by the lessee.
London is emerging as a hub for Islamic finance because of the financial center’s wellestablished depth and breadth of investment and banking skills and its historical links to the Middle East and Asia. 5 billion Muslims worldwide expected to deposit their money in Islamic banks by 2015. The future is even brighter in Asia, where 50–60 percent of all Muslim saving is forecasted to be managed by Islamic financial institutions by the end of the next decade (Murugiah 2007). ©2009 The Research Foundation of CFA Institute 43 Chapter 4.