By Krivenko, P. V.; Roy, D. M.; Shi, Caijun
Read Online or Download Alkali-activated cements and concretes PDF
Best polymers & textiles books
The volumes XI, XII and XIII research the actual and technical origin for contemporary development in utilized scanning probe thoughts. the 1st quantity got here out in January 2004, the second one to fourth volumes in early 2006 and the 5th to 7th volumes in overdue 2006. the sphere is progressing so speedy that there's a want for a suite of volumes each 12 to 18 months to seize most modern advancements.
Many diversifications of injection moulding were built and one of many quickly increasing fields is multi-material injection moulding. This evaluation appears on the many ideas getting used, from the terminology to case stories. the 3 basic varieties of multi-material injection moulding tested are multi-component, multi-shot and over-moulding.
This quantity comprises the court cases of the "International Workshop on Optical equipment and the Physics of Colloidal Dispersions", held in reminiscence of Prof. Dr. Klaus Schätzel on the finish of September, 1996, in Mainz, Germany. The assembly involved in unique features of colloidal technology, particularly novel optical equipment and the physics of colloidal dispersions.
"This reference e-book contains the newest advancements within the synthesis, construction, characterization, and alertness of varied varieties of polymeric nanocomposites. It outlines a few of the practise ideas utilizing sorts of nanoparticles and polymer matrices with emphasis on clay nanoparticles.
- Smart Technologies for Safety Engineering
- Cross-Linked Polymers. Chemistry, Properties, and Applications
- Innovation Trends in Plastics Decoration and Surface Treatment
- Radiation Curing (Rapra Review Reports)
- New Industrial Polymers
- Applications of Nonwovens in Technical Textiles (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
Additional resources for Alkali-activated cements and concretes
2. Type III indicates that Al2 O3 has an adverse effect on the hydraulic index. K12 was proposed based on 28-day strengths and K13 based on strengths after 28 days. The presence of some minor components can also affect the hydraulic reactivity of slag. 5% S2− ), had a favourable effect on the hydraulic activity of blast furnace slag (Shkolnick 1986). The further increase of S2− content did not show any difference. This may be because S2− causes disorder of the network. Ti exists in six-coordination when TiO2 content is less than 4% and in four-coordination when TiO2 content is higher than 4% (Smolczyk 1980).
Demoulian et al. (1980) found that a glass content of less than 70% is acceptable, and Schwiete and Dolbor (1963) even felt that 30–40% glass content was also acceptable. Coale et al. (1973) suggested that the minimum glass content of quenched slag should be 85% for the assessment of slag as a potential cement replacement. Smolczyk (1980) stated that the presence of finely distributed crystals would have little detrimental effect on strength because these finely distributed crystals could remain partially or completely encapsulated in reactive glass even when ground to cement fineness.
Ltd, Chongqing, China, and is being used in several steel plants in China (Ye and Liao 1999). Basically, the molten steel slag in slag cart is poured into a slot, underneath which there is an air nozzle. 6 MPa. The compressed air should be turned on before pouring the molten slag. The slag is blown into small particles with size ranging from 3 to 5 mm and fall into a pond filled with water. This process is very simple and has no secondary environmental pollution. However, most metals are oxidized during the air-quenching process.